I’m headed to Palm Springs again this weekend….for the annual girl’s trip with my sisters and cousins. And as I say every year: I never posted the pics yet from last year!
Well that’s not entirely true. I did post about the cute skirts we made last year.
But I realized that I never posted a follow-up to THIS post about the first house we occupied, and then unoccupied, and then ended up staying in this cool mid-century gem.
So here’s some eye candy to help you escape any mid-week angst.
This house was gorgeous and fun. Of course the company is what makes it extra fun.
Some of you have asked about the rentals we stay in.
[And just for reference you can see other places we’ve stayed here, here, and here.]
My sister Camille, and sister-in-law Laura are the ones that organize the trip and do all the house-booking. They typically use a site like Vacation Palm Springs, or other rental sites to look for homes that are large enough for a big group, with a pool, and with a fun style/vibe. Cause it’s one thing to rent a house. It’s another to have a lamp like this (scroll down to get the night-light view. ooo):
[my cousin Kam is gorgeous. Her hair is a chameleon, and I can’t wait to see how it looks this time around.]
We’ve been doing these trips for three years now (this weekend will be trip #4).
All the sisters and cousins are invited. And we try to keep at that—so the conversations stay within our comfort zone, if that makes sense. Though in reality we’re just talking about diet coke and Thrifty ice cream. And spending endless hours in the pool.
Our favorite things to do and eat in Palm Springs:
• Bill’s Pizza – Omg. We went here two times last year and I need to do that again. My favorite is the white pizza. But everything is fantastic. The pizzas are personal size and this place is always written up on “best of” lists.
• Sherman’s Deli – Awesome for breakfast or for treats any ti me of the day.
• Las Casuelas Terraza Mexican restaurant – Try to eat outside for some music and dancing. Mmmm. Chips + Salsa + Soda.
• Great Shakes – MUST DO. Even if you do it for breakfast.
• Ride Bikes – our first house came with bikes, which was awesome. But you can rent bikes too.
• Check out famous houses — like Elvis’s honeymoon house. We did that here.
• Check out the Saguaro Hotel – cutest hotel in Palm Springs.
• Ride the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway– I’m going to do a separate post on this because it’s awesome. A great way to escape the desert heat!
• Walk by the Marilyn Monroe statue – Gotta do it once. See pics here.
• Stroll downtown.
• Go see a movie.
• Go to Target. Without kids. And buy whatever.
And that’s enough to get you started.
If you have fun tips and ideas, share them in the comments!
Palm Springs here we come!