Happy Friday everyone!
Hope your weekend is off to a good start. It’s 72 and sunny here so I have nothing to complain about.
Some of you have emailed about subscribing to the new site, saying you can’t get it to show up in your google reader etc. I think we worked out the kinks!
Here are answers and options…
* If you’re still subscribing to the old site (dana-made-it.com) make sure you delete it from your RSS feeds, readers, etc. For the past week I’ve been posting on the old site just to say that a new post is up. But that’s gonna come to an end.
* Add the new domain to your RSS feeds/readers. There are a few ways to do this.
– use: danamadeit.com/feed in Google Reader and it should show up.
– If you click the RSS button at the top of the blog I have Feedburner set up to give you many options (google, yahoo, etc). Just click on the button and it will lay out the choices out for you:
– subscribe via EMAIL! yay! Many of you asked for this in the past and I finally have it. Scroll down on the right-hand column, type your email address into the box and you’ll receive a notification when a new post goes up:
* Subscribe via Facebook and Twitter. I have both accounts set-up to receive instant notifications every time I post. You can subscribe to them with the buttons up top or here:
* Some of you have asked, “why do I only get snippets of your posts in Google reader? I’d like to read the whole post there.” Yes, I do have a shortened blog feed. And I know that’s a bit frustrating when you’re catching up on blogs. Sorry. I totally get it. However, I feel that it’s only fair to my paying sponsors and other advertisers to have blog posts read directly on my site, since they (and you!) make it possible for me to keep sewing and blogging as often as I do. I love really love blogging and that’s why I do it. But it’s also nice to have funds on the side to replenish my fabric supply.
Hopefully that sums up all the questions about subscribing!
If you’re still having problems with the feeds please let me know. I want you to enjoy coming here!
And on a final note (since I didn’t get my Alt Design recap post ready for today as I had hoped. Next week. Definitely next week), how about some PR jibber jabber?
The All Stars season is growing on me. I really loved the theme of last night’s episode: Design a look based on a gelato flavor. Fun!
But I didn’t agree with the judges decision. I actually liked the Chocolate with Cayenne dress. The layers and colors were beautiful together. Yes, maybe a bit too poofy and “pregnant” (maybe that’s why I liked it). Probably better as a girl’s dress but overall it was fun. As was Kennley’s Passion Fruit dress. That whimsy yellow bow was a cute touch.
– Michael’s Grapefruit dress (below left) was beautiful in an old Hollywood way. But it just wasn’t me.
– Mondo’s Cantaloupe dress really looked like it….from the rind to the green to the colorful fruit. But I hated that belt! Anyone else think it looked tacky and so non-Mondo like?
– April deserved to go home for the Blueberry dress. SO short in the back and well, not that cute.
– But seriously, I can’t believe the Kiwi dress (far right) wasn’t in the bottom. That thing is hideous and messy. I love me a good polka dot but not when it looks like cheap decor from Party City.