Last Thursday was the local book signing and I had a blast! Hope you did too!
With Mr. Mom home with the kiddos, I packed up a bunch of these (why do things in piles and rows look so pretty?), I threw on my favorite solid colors, actually did something with my hair other than a bun, and headed to Stitch Lab for the night.
If you’ve never been to the Sitch Lab….you MUST. Such a treat. I mean it’s in an old house! What’s not to love?? The honestly have the best selection of designer fabrics that I’ve seen in a boutique shop….along with wonderful sewing classes.
They had a signing table set-up in the front room of the shop (more piles of books = Pretty)
….and more Sharpies than I could dream of. I loved asking each person which color they wanted me to use. (And for my statistician husband I should report that 80% preferred turquoise blue, then red, purple, and mint green tied for the other 20%.)
But, on to less geeky matters….
My favorite part of the night was just sitting and chatting with you guys—and looking like a dork at times. Making personal connections with people is what makes blogging come to life. So thanks for taking time to tell me your stories and sewing adventures!
We gave away a few prizes during the night, snacked on tasty treats, and roamed the store for fabrics. I came away with a few laminated cottons. More baby projects in the works!
And how cool is this quilt?
I. Heart. Solids.
Overall it was a great night. Thanks for coming!
And a huge Thank you to Stitch Lab and their volunteers for making it all happen.
A Dallas signing at City Craft is in the works. Date to be announced soon!