Welcome to the Summer Day Top headquarters!
If you don’t have the pattern, grab a copy of it here. Then come back and let’s sew!
Q: Can I make this pattern if I’m a beginner?
A: You can! The instructions are really thorough, even if you are new to making garments. For your first time, I recommend using an easy-to-work-with woven fabric (like a lightweight quilting cotton) so you can master the construction before tackling trickier fabrics.
Q: Do you allow the sale of Summer Day Tops made from your pattern?
A: Yes, under certain circumstances. Permissions:
• By purchasing this pattern, you are free to make garments from the pattern and sell them in your small-scale shop, such as an Etsy shop, or for a local fundraising event. No production license is needed.
• No mass production please.
• If you ever have someone manufacture garments for you, you will need to create your own pattern.
• GATHERING: If you’re new to gathering, this post (with video) will help with the peplum versions!
• BASTING TAPE: For the cuff sleeve, I love to use Wonder Tape to hold it in place for topstitching. It washes out!
Have a question, suggestion, or comment about the Summer Day Top? Let me know!