Summer… Summer… Summer!
New Pattern. YES. New Pattern!
For you! (OK, for me too.)
I’m not sure which I should cheer about first…but they’re all equally exciting.
I’m releasing a new pattern today!
I love summer.
I love summer clothes.
I love making this Top.
I hope you love making it too!
Introducing THE SUMMER DAY TOP!
This is a loose-fitted top, in 2 basic styles, with 3 sleeve options, and a pocket…with an adult size range from 0-20 (32″-52″ bust).
You can purchase it HERE.
It was important to us to consider all body sizes and shapes when drafting this pattern. We’re happy with the range offered! (Thanks to the 30 pattern testers who tried it out for us, and fell in love with the pattern too.)
The Summer Day Top is size 0 to 20, which covers a bust range of 32-52 inches (81-132 cm) You can see all the sizing info in the pattern listing photos here. The pattern also includes detailed instructions for adding a bust adjustment to your pattern if needed, along with other ideas for adjusting the pattern. We hope you enjoy it!
Of course I can never decide which version is my favorite—peplum or A-line?
I guess that’s why I’ve made them all….and my friends have too.
This is Susan (who works with me and helped put this pattern together!). Isn’t she adorable?? She’s wearing the peplum with cap sleeves, and ah-mazing space buns. Ahhh. I recently learned that term and it’s so perfect!
And here’s my darling cousin Kam in the peplum with short sleeves. She just makes me smile. And I want to jump into this photo.
Then I made a tunic length peplum for myself (using my Day Trip rayon by Art Gallery Fabrics) and it’s my favorite. Okay. I said I wasn’t going to play favorites. But I think I need five more of these. It’s casual or dressy. And so breezy. I love it.
Another thing I love is the different looks you can get with different fabrics.
• BOXY: For a fun structured top, use a crisp lightweight woven, such as chambray, quilting cotton, lawn, voile, or double gauze.
• FLOWY: For a breezy chic look, use a lightweight woven with good drape, such as rayon challis, crepe, charmeuse, or silky polyester.
• RELAXED: For a great slouchy t-shirt, use a knit, such a jersey, double-brushed poly, french terry, or sweater knit.
With every version from my testers and friends, I fall in love all over again. But now comes the BEST PART. I can’t wait to see what you make!
• This is a PDF pattern.
• The pattern offers info in both Imperial and metric systems.
• The pages are beautifully illustrated, with detailed instructions so you feel like we’re sitting there next to you, sewing along.
• A Large Format/Copy Shop file is included, if you’d like to print the pattern pieces in large format!
Okay. Ready to sew??
Grab the pattern HERE.
And for an extra dose of Summer, check out the Summer Day Top Headquarters Page.
That’s where you’ll find extra resources and more inspirational pics. You may even see your pic there!
Okay. Enough talk.