Since we missed a recipe on Sunday, we’ll make up for it today.
And sticking with last-minute Handmade gift ideas, here’s another one for you–Nutella play dough. Intriguing right? It’s from adorable Brazilian blogger Damaris and her site Kitchen Corners. This recipe is not something you actually eat. But it does smell divine and makes the perfect little Christmas gift to hand out.
So from her warm Brazilian weather to your chilly home, here’s something to try….
Hi there, I’m Damaris from Kitchen Corners.
Here’s the recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup of powdered cocoa
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 tablespoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutella
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Boil the water in a small sauce pan.
- In a medium sized pan mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt and cream of tartar.
- Add the boiling water, oil, and nutella to the mix and stir on medium-low heat until it is thick.
- Cool completly before kneading the dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until it no longer sticks to your hands.
Thanks Damaris! I love really simple, cute gifts for kids. Cause when you’ve got a lot of nieces and nephews it’s nice to have an idea you can whip up in batches. And they’d make perfect stocking stuffers! (so much better than the hot pink stuff I bought last week). I can smell the Nutella now….
Have a warm Merry Christmas in the southern hemisphere!
Check out the Sweets and Treats archive page HERE.
I must say that I went to Damaris’ blog and I immediately fell in love with her. Mostly because I felt a connection with her that I normally don’t get through this blogging world (she’s from Brazil and she’s a mormon – double score!). Thanks for sharing this with us Dana!
What a brilliant idea. Thanks Damaris & Dana. I know a little guy who’ll be getting this Nutella play doh for Christmas. 😀
I made this recipe and found that 2 cups of flour made the dough too thick. Reduce the flour to a 1 cup and it turns out great. It looks like cookie dough and smells like that too.
For more pictures and more information check out my blog post http://sincerelyscarlet.wordpress.com/2012/12/25/christmas-gifts/