I know it sounds impossible.
I was skeptical too.
My friend brought these to a church function and—as I do with most things pumpkin—I freaked out. What. Are in. These muffins??
She laughed and told me the recipe is super easy. There are only 3 ingredients!
Maybe you already know this too?
It’s probably one of those things that’s been floating around Pinterest for years, and I’m totally late to this pumpkin game.
But here it is! Now you can impress all of your friends too.
And if you end up eating 1/2 of the batter straight from the bowl, I won’t judge.
3 INGREDIENT PUMPKIN MUFFINS
Makes about 12-16 muffins
1 small can of pumpkin, 15 oz
1 bag of mini cinnamon chips, 10 oz (such as Hershey’s)
1 yellow cake mix, from a box
• Mix the canned pumpkin and cake mix in a bowl. The batter will be thick, so mix slowly to avoid cake mix powder in your face.
• Mix in the cinnamon chips.
• Spoon the batter into cupcake holders (a Cookie Scoop or ice cream scoop works great since the batter is thick)
• Bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes.
VARIATIONS on the recipe:
I’ve tried making these a few different ways, and to be honest I keep going back to the three main ingredients because they taste the best, and the size of the mini chips works really well.
But here are some things you can try:
• Use half cinnamon chips, half chocolate chips.
• Spice Cake mix with white chocolate chips.
• Spice Cake mix with semi-sweet chocolate chips.
• Substitute something else for the pumpkin?? I’m still playing with this idea. Would it work with 15 oz (about 2 cups) of mashed up bananas?? I’ll have to try it out….
Happy one week till Thanksgiving!
And if you’re a pumpkin lover like me, check out our other recipes: