The FLIP Vest
It’s hard to choose your favorite thing to wear. But now you don’t have to! You get two-looks-in-one with the FLIP vest, which is a reversible vest for boys and girls. So you can wear it on one side, then flip to wear the other side!
Made with soft cozy fleece, knit ribbing, and velcro or button closures this vest is perfect for those colder days.
• 6 months – 12 months
• 12 months – 24 months
• 2 years – 3 years
• 3 years – 4 years
• 4 years – 5 years
There are 2 looks and 2 armhole options.
….and plenty of room for your own interpretation. Add your own pockets, zippers, snaps and embellishments!
The pattern offers:
• Velcro front closure (reversible)
• Button front closure (non-reversible)
• Ribbing sewn either as a binding or sandwiched into the vest layers (details in the pattern)
The pattern is aimed at the “Advanced Beginner” level and up. Anyone can tackle it but it’s probably not a first-time sewer project.
FABRIC and SUPPLIES
• 1/2 to 2/3 yard of fabric for each vest layer, depending on size (appx 1 to 1 1/3 yards fabric overall)
• 1/4 yard knit ribbing
• 6-8 inches of Velcro
• 2 Buttons
• Standard sewing machine.
You do NOT need a serger.
DOWNLOAD and PRINTING DETAILS
• This is a 23-page PDF downloadable document – You are NOT mailed a physical paper pattern.
• After purchase you will receive an email with download instructions.
PLEASE SAVE the Document to your COMPUTER (rather than a mobile device) then you will always have it. Your download link will expire at some point.
• The file size is about 3 MB
• You do not need to print every page. A chart is included, showing which pages to print for each size.
• Pages print to 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper
• Pages are pieced together by trimming along the border, matching them at the markings, and taping together. I’ve tried to make this as simple as possible with detailed instructions in the pattern itself.
• The pattern also outlines fabric and sewing info for working with Fleece and Knit Ribbing.
• By purchasing this pattern, you are free to make Vests from the pattern and sell them in your small-scale shop, such as an etsy shop, or for a local fundraising event. No production license is needed. However, please mention somewhere in your product listing that you used the “Flip Vest Pattern by MADE Everyday.
(and link to www.madeeveryday.com)
• NO mass production please.
• If you ever have someone manufacture products or garments for you, you will need to create your own pattern.
TAG YOUR PHOTOS ON INSTAGRAM: #flipvestMADE + @madeeveryday