Summer Vacation Dress + Shortie
Summer vacation is whatever you make it. But it certainly helps to have a cute dress or shortie to make it in. So let’s sew!
This PDF pattern works for ANY size child or even an adult. There are no pattern pieces (except for the shortie/romper piece), because everything is based on ratios and rectangles. The info in this pattern will help you adjust to your size and needs. Hey, you can make one for yourself! (see what I made HERE and HERE)
Included in this Pattern are:
• Detailed instructions to make a summer dress or shortie (shorts romper).
• Beautiful colored photos.
• How to work with elastic thread to make shirred summer dresses (or “faux smocking”).
• Pattern Piece for the Shortie to give more room in the “seat” (so it’s not too tight).
• How-to make your own satin ribbon using your serger (note: you do NOT need a serger for this project).
• How-to make gathered pockets.
• Measurements in American and metric systems.
• Answers to the “what if” questions.
– Basic Dress
– Dress with armholes + buttons
– Shirt with armholes + bias tape straps
– Dress with ruffled straps + gathered pockets
– Shortie: a one-piece shorts outfit
• Additional pattern notes
This pattern is great for all sewers!—from Beginners to Advanced.
DOWNLOAD and PRINTING DETAILS
• This is a 40-page PDF downloadable document – You are NOT mailed a physical paper pattern.
• After purchase you will receive an email with download instructions.
PLEASE SAVE the Document to your COMPUTER (rather than a mobile device) then you will always have it—because your download link will expire at some point.
• The file size is 2 MB
• You only need to print 1 page
• Pages print to 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper
• By purchasing this pattern, you are free to make Dresses and Shorties from the pattern and sell them in your small-scale shop, such as an etsy shop, or for a local fundraising event. No production license is needed.
• NO mass production please.
TAG YOUR PHOTOS ON INSTAGRAM: #summervacationdressMADE + @madeeveryday