Hold It Bin
Hold it. What? You made that cute bin?
Yesssss. That’s what your friends are going to say….when you make all 14 sizes, for everyone you know, for every room of the house, and the office, and the school.
For additional tips, FAQ, and resources, visit the Hold It Bin Headquarters Page
For everyone! Beginners and beyond.
The instructions are carefully illustrated, and they walk you through working with interfacing, sewing corners, topstitching, and all the other steps.
14 sizes! Check out the photos for the designs and dimensions.
FABRIC and SUPPLIES
(see photos for requirements by bin)
• Quilting cotton or home decor weight for exterior
• Quilting cotton for the lining
• Pellon 809 Decor-Bond fusible interfacing
• Felt (for interlining)
• Handle can be made from fabric, oilcloth, faux leather, twill tape, etc.
This is a digital pattern — nothing is physically mailed. The digital PDF file contains:
• Printable pattern pieces in 14 sizes.
• Beautifully illustrated with step-by-step instructions
• Helpful tips + extra details
• 1 page quick reference for at-a-glance sewing
• Details and formula for creating your own bin in any size!
• This pattern is not a list of “cut these dimensions” – it is actual pattern pieces for cutting out your fabric and interfacing, with markings for handle alignment, etc.
DOWNLOAD AND PRINTING DETAILS
• This is an 80-page PDF pattern (16 pages instructions, 64 pages pattern). Complete details are provided for printing only the pages you need for the bin you want to make.
• After purchasing the pattern, you’ll receive a link to download your digital pattern. You will NOT be mailed a physical pattern. Please double-check your email address at checkout.
• Please SAVE the document to your computer (rather than a mobile device) so you will always have it and can access/print as needed.
• The file size is 3 MB.
• You do not need to print every page. A chart is included, showing which pages to print for each size.
• Pages print to 8.5 x 11 inch or A4 paper.
• Pages are pieced together by trimming along the border, matching them at the markings, and taping together.
TAG YOUR PHOTOS ON INSTAGRAM:
#holditbin + @made_everyday
• By purchasing this pattern, you are free to make bins from the pattern and sell them in your small-scale shop, such as an Etsy shop, or for a local fundraising event. No production license is needed.
• NO mass production please.
• If you ever have someone manufacture bins for you, you will need to create your own pattern.
Check out the Hold It Bin Headquarters Page. You’ll find additional info, FAQs, photos, etc.
Okay. Let’s sew!