First Day Dress
Whether it’s your first day of school or a lazy day at home, everyone deserves a dress that makes them feel special. So dress it up, spin around, throw on your boots, and just be you!
The First Day Dress is a PDF pattern for girls sizes 2 to 10 years old.
There are 5 different style options—each can be made with or without sleeves. And there are 4 different lining options to make it fully or partially lined.
If you’ve never sewn a lining, it’s so much easier than you think. And the result is beautiful. All those seams are hidden, the garment looks polished, and hey your friends might even think it came from a store! You’re that good.
Each can be made with or without sleeves:
• A-Line Dress
• A-Line Top (Shirt)
• Swing Dress
• Swing Top (Shirt)
• Swing Dress/Top with Front Placket
• The pattern ranges from 2 to 10 years old.
FABRIC and NOTIONS
For each Dress or Top you need:
• Outer Fabric
• Lining Fabric
• Back Button
• 6 inches of Elastic Cord
• small amount of Piping
(placket option only)
• front buttons
(placket option only)
• Quilting cotton, medium-weight cotton, home decor fabrics, broadcloth, linen, lightweight cotton, etc.
Advanced Beginner +
Of course I encourage anyone to push themselves and take on a challenge. So if you’re a true beginner, don’t be scared off. You can always give it a shot! Or grab a sewing friend to coach you along the way. Sewing is always an adventure.
DOWNLOAD and PRINTING DETAILS
• This is a 46-page PDF downloadable document – You are NOT mailed a physical paper pattern.
• After purchase you will receive an email with download instructions.
PLEASE SAVE the Document to your COMPUTER (rather than a mobile device) then you will always have it—because your download link will expire at some point.
• The file size is 3.6 MB
• You do not need to print every page. A chart is included, showing which pages to print for each size.
• Pages print to 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper
• Pages are pieced together by trimming along the border, matching them at the markings, and taping together. I’ve tried to make this as simple as possible with detailed instructions in the pattern itself.
• By purchasing this pattern, you are free to make Dresses from the pattern and sell them in your small-scale shop, such as an etsy shop, or for a local fundraising event. No production license is needed. However, please mention somewhere in your product listing that you used the “First Day Dress Pattern by MADE Everyday.
(and link to www.madeeveryday.com)
• NO mass production please.
• If you ever have someone manufacture products or garments for you, you will need to create your own pattern.
TAG YOUR PHOTOS ON INSTAGRAM: #firstdaydressMADE + @madeeveryday
Okay. Let’s sew!