How many times have you bought a tie for your dad, your husband, your son…for yourself?? They definitely make the perfect gift. AND they’re also super easy to make! Once you sew one, you’ll want to make them for every occasion. They’re that fun. And uncomplicated.
Watch a video for these ties HERE.
The Everyday Necktie comes in THREE sizes:
• Child’s TIE – 3 to 7 years old
(43 inches finished length)
• Tween TIE – 7 to 11 years old
(46 inches finished length)
• Adult TIE – 11 years +
(62 inches finished length)
The pattern comes in THREE styles:
Classic • Skinny • Color-Blocked
FABRIC and NOTIONS
For each Tie you need:
• 1 yard of OUTER fabric
• 1 yard of LINING fabric
• small amount of twill tape or bias tape (optional)
This pattern is aimed at 100% quilting cotton because it’s an easy fabric to work with, gives your tie an everyday look, and comes in so many cool prints. But feel free to use beautiful silks, brocades, and whatever else catches your eye!
FABRICS USED in this Pattern
Most of the fabrics in this pattern are from the Boardwalk Delight collection, designed by Dana Willard (myself) for Art Gallery Fabrics.
You can read and see all the details HERE.
This pattern is great for any sewer, even if you’re just starting out. My goal was to keep the process as simple as possible, because other necktie patterns I’ve seen feel complicated…with extra steps, interfacing, and excessive hand sewing. You’ll be amazed at how quickly these ties come together! And how cool they look.
DOWNLOAD and PRINTING DETAILS
• This is a 26-page PDF downloadable document – You are NOT mailed a physical paper pattern.
• After purchase you will receive TWO emails. One is payment confirmation. The other email has a download link and instructions.
PLEASE SAVE the Document to your COMPUTER (rather than a mobile device. The pattern works best on a desktop or laptop) Do a “save as” to your computer and then you will always have the pattern file—because your download link will expire at some point.
• The file size is 1.2 MB
• Pages print to 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper (you do not need to print every page)
• By purchasing this pattern, you are free to make Neckties from the pattern and sell them in your small-scale shop, such as an etsy shop, or for a local fundraising event. No production license needed. Please mention in your product listing that you used the “Everyday Necktie Pattern by MADE Everyday”.
(and link to www.madeeveryday.com)
• NO mass production please.
TAG YOUR PHOTOS ON INSTAGRAM: #everydaynecktieMADE + @made_everyday
Okay. Let’s sew!