The Beach Robe is a towel AND a robe! So throw it in your bag and head to the pool! These robes are easy to make and don’t require any special skills or tools. And I often get comments from people asking where I bought the robe? I love surprising them with, “I made it.”
Now you can surprise them too!
The Beach Robe is for Boys + Girls, and made from a large beach/bath towel with bias tape at the edges. You can also use normal terry cloth fabric but I find that the cutest terry cloth is in the towel aisle of your local retail store.
What I love about the Beach Robe:
• My kids love them and are excited to get out of the pool and put them on.
• The robe is fun to sew and so cute when it comes together.
• It’s a great go-to sewing project for birthday gifts!
• The Beach Robe is good all year long.
• The robe makes an excellent “dressing room” when changing clothes. With the robe on, my child holds the front open slightly and we discreetly pull off their swimsuit and slip on the undies and clothes.
* And most of all….the robe comes with options: Short sleeves, Long sleeves. Give it a hood lining, or go hoodless! It’s a choose-you-own adventure kind of thing.
• Long-sleeves or short-sleeves
• Lined hood
• Partial ties or Full tie
The sizes are wide-ranging since the robe is loose and accommodates many sizes.
• 9 months – 18 months
• 18 months – 3 Years
•3 Years – 4 Years +
Fabric and Supplies needed
• 1 to 2 large Beach/Bath towels.
(or 1 3/4 yards of terry cloth fabric)
• 3 packages of 1/2 inch wide, double-fold bias tape (or about 7-8 yards of handmade bias tape)
• Standard sewing machine.
A Serger is optional.
• Check out an alternate way to attach sleeves HERE.
• The pattern itself has detailed info about sewing fabrics that have “nap”, such as Terry Cloth.
DOWNLOAD and PRINTING DETAILS
• This is a 29-page PDF downloadable document – You are NOT mailed a physical paper pattern.
• After purchase you will receive an email with download instructions.
PLEASE SAVE the Document to your COMPUTER (rather than a mobile device) then you will always have it—because your download link will expire at some point.
• The file size is 2 MB
• You do not need to print every page, just the pattern pieces.
• Pages print to 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper
• Pages are pieced together by trimming along the border, matching them at the markings, and taping together. I’ve tried to make this as simple as possible with detailed instructions in the pattern itself.
• By purchasing this pattern, you are free to make Robes from the pattern and sell them in your small-scale shop, such as an etsy shop, or for a local fundraising event. No production license is needed. However, please mention somewhere in your product listing that you used the “Beach Robe Pattern by MADE Everyday.
(and link to www.madeeveryday.com)
• NO mass production please.
• If you ever have someone manufacture products or garments for you, you will need to create your own pattern.
TAG YOUR PHOTOS ON INSTAGRAM: #beachrobeMADE + @madeeveryday