Well, I asked for your pumpkin recipes and I GOT EM! Thank you again for the influx of ideas.
While it would be impossible (and cruel to my body) to try all 200 of them, I narrowed down some of my favorites and I’ve got 5 or 6 to share with you. So over the next few weeks, get ready for pumpkin yumminess. Just what you need on a Monday morning right?
Many of you submitted similar recipes for pumpkin cookies, infused with chocolate chips, and topped off with cream cheese frosting. How can anyone say no to that?
Like most pumpkin cookies, these are “softies.” But if you’re a “crunchy” person, don’t let that stop you. These are divine. Honestly, the best pumpkin cookie recipe I’ve ever had. It’s tried and true, from my baking friend Kristen, who one day will start a cooking blog and we’ll all be better for it. Until then, I give you:
Makes about 3 dozen small cookies
½ cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 ½ cups chocolate chips
* Preheat oven to 350. Grease cookie sheets.
* In medium bowl, cream the shortening and sugar. Stir in the pumpkin and vanilla.
* In separate bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture.
* Then stir in the chocolate chips.
* Drop dough onto cookie sheets.
* Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven.
* Allow cookies to cool for a minute on cookie sheets before transferring to wire cooling racks.
Before they all disappear, prepare the Cream Cheese Frosting, to go on top.
CREAM CHEESE ICING
(NOTE: this recipe makes enough for 2 batches of cookies. Half it, if only making one batch….or better yet, make the whole recipe and save it for other pumpkin recipes coming up!)
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
½ cup butter
1 lb powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
dash of salt